Chullora: Man dead in workplace accident at Tip Top bread factory in Sydney

An iconic Australian bread maker is “deeply saddened” by the death of an employee at a factory in Sydney’s west.

Police confirmed a man died at the Tip Top bread factory in Chullora at 4am on Thursday morning.

Emergency services were called to the site on Muir Rd following reports of a workplace accident.

Police confirmed a 57-year-old had been seriously injured after he became trapped by a forklift.

He died at the manufacturing site.

“Tip Top is deeply saddened by this incident and offers its heartfelt sympathies to our colleague’s family,” a spokesperson for Tip Top said.

“The health and safety of our people and communities at Tip Top is our highest priority and is treated very seriously.”

The bread company said all employees are being offered counselling services following the fatal workplace accident.

Police do not believe the death was suspicious.

Tip Top said it would co-operate with NSW Police and SafeWork in their investigations into the circumstances surrounding the man’s death.

Operations at the Chullora factory have been paused since the accident, but they are expected to resume at 3pm on Friday.

The bread maker said it will continue to work with authorities and customers.

Read related topics:Sydney

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7HWrGWcp51jrrZ7xaKlmqaTmny4u9GkZpqsXay8s7eOppinZZSarqV5yKdkmqZdlrCktcOepa1lkal6tbTEZquiqF2pvLF5xZqaraeirnqquoyssJ2mla58r7HWrGSsrJ%2BnxnCEkp1pnWpiloN6rpZpZ5yZkmyupq7AaWlybWFlrqKwxA%3D%3D